cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jason Johnston <coc...@lojjic.net>
Subject Re: XInclude Problem: Fails to Produce Well-Formed Output
Date Sun, 28 May 2006 04:25:57 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Pasha Minallah escribió:
>> On Saturday 27 May 2006 14:45, Jason Johnston wrote:
>>
>>> This looks like the issue that caused issue 1489 to be reopened:
>>>
>>> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1489
>>>
>>> See in particular the linked mailing list message:
>>> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=113639560121665&w=2
>>>

>> Yes, I was redirected to issue 1489 when I pointed this problem out
>> about cocoon 2.1.8 in early January.  At the time, I was told the
>> particular patch mentioned in 1489 was applied to both 2.1.X and
>> 2.2-dev branches.  Well, I'm repeating myself to let the developers
>> know that this continues to be an issue in 2.1.9.
>>

> I added a junit testcase for COCOON-1489 and it pass. Would you like to
> review it [1]?

The testcase appears to test fallback to inline XML content, whereas
Pasha's issue involves fallback to another xi:include.  Can you create
one for the latter case as well?

   <xi:include href="this_file_does_not_exist.xml">
     <xi:fallback>
       <xi:include href="this_file_exists.xml" />
     </xi:fallback>
   </xi:include>

I've spent some time in the XIncludeTransformer before so I'll try to
come up with a fix this weekend.
--Jason