cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Craeg Strong <cstr...@arielpartners.com>
Subject Benefits of using eXist with Cocoon, when XML is versioned in Subversion?
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 15:05:30 GMT
Hello:

My website content is in XML and version controlled in Subversion.
I want to use Cocoon to publish HTML and PDF, etc. for all the usual
reasons.
I see that eXist is pre-integrated with Cocoon; I could import my
documents into eXist and use that.
I can still version the source by exporting from eXist -> file system
and "svn commit"

I am trying to get a handle on what exactly will the benefits be using
eXist rather than just the file system.
Can anyone help?

My newbie guess is that it boils down to eXist providing certain things
that otherwise would have to be programmed directly in the cocoon sitemap.
For example: directory generator, lucene/full text search

So.. isn't that just moving some logic from the sitemap into eXist
configuration files?  What am I missing?

Thanks!!

--Craeg