cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Vince <vi...@indo-chine.org>
Subject Fop block needs xsp ?
Date Tue, 16 May 2006 21:06:17 GMT
    Hi,

    I just downloaded and installed Cocoon 2.1.9 (on Win XP, JDK
1.5.0-beta2 by Sun) and customized local.blocks.properties to just
provide minimal FOP functionality.

     At first, I just set include.all.blocks=true and uncommented all
blocks except the 2 following ones :
#include.block.batik=false
#include.block.fop=false

    However, when trying to access FOP samples such as
http://localhost:8888/samples/blocks/fop/ , I got the following error
message :

An error has occured
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Type
'serverpages' is not defined for 'generate' at
file:<...>/Cocoon/cocoon-2.1.9/build/webapp/samples/blocks/fop/sitemap.xmap:94:75

    After a bit of search, I came to the conclusion that the xsp block
is also needed for FOP (or at least its samples) to work. After I
commented the following line again, all went OK.
#include.block.xsp=false

    My guess is thus that the xsp block should be marked as a dependency
for fop, like batik is. Can someone confirm this so I file a bug,
because I admit I'm new to cocoon building

    Best regards,

		Vince.