cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Simone Gianni <s.gia...@thebug.it>
Subject Re: starting points with the cocoon portal
Date Fri, 12 May 2006 12:23:17 GMT
Hi Caleb,
bot sure this is what you are asking, but here
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/864/g1/599.html you
can find the not yet published documentation about portals. I'm not a
portal expert, but since they are in the new document tree i suppose
they are up to date. Take them as they are, as i said this is not yet
published documentation, so no guarantee on it.

Simone

caleb racey wrote:

>Does anyone know of good starting points for someone new to the cocoon
>portal? I'm not new to cocoon just new to the portal.
>
>The portal block in the samples is a good technology showcase but is
>configured by two enormous intimidating sitemap files, editing it tends
>to result in it breaking.
>
>Google turns up several descriptions and tutorial but they are fairly
>old and I suspect describe the old framework rather than the new engine.
>ll I want is a simple portal directory with a couple of rss news feeds
>or something similar, I can then build it up using the examples in the
>portal block and the good documentation of the advanced functionality.
>
>I have tried copying and cutting down the portal block sample  but again
>instead of reducing it to a basic core I just break it.
>
>Does anyone know of a simple starting point for working with the portal
>block?
>

>Regards
>
>Cal

Simone Gianni