cocoon-users mailing list archives

From werner <wer...@gefi.at>
Subject Re: [CFORMS] can't migrate form from 2.1.8 to 2.1.9
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 15:23:45 GMT
Hola Antonio,

Thanks for the hint. I have always been using the__
jdbc-connection-descriptor level declaration to declare ObjectCache
implementation (in repository_database.xml). I never used the default
cocoon configuration files from cocoon. Therefore I don't know where it
was declared before. But I looked into the cocoon 2.1.8 config files and
could not find any difference. Are you sure there was a change in the
ojb configuration?

Werner

Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> Hi Werner,
>
> In OJB 1.0.4 pay attention to the cache configuration it was moved to
> the repository.xml. If yo don't configure it your application will be
> slower than before.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Antonio Gallardo.
> werner escribió:
>
>> well, I think I can answer this myself. It looks like it is an OJB
>> issue. Don't know why, but it looks there was a change between OJB
>> 1.0.3 and 1.0.4. When the data get saved the whole data are refreshed
>> from the database and overwrite the changed data. This is not
>> intended. It has to do with the cache and some refresh attributes.
>> Using the OJB persistenceBrokerAPI with the default cache is a real
>> challenge. It never does what it is expected to do.
>

>> werner wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Mailing List!
>>>
>>> Once again I need your help. I'm struggling with a form that behaves
>>> strange in Cocoon 2.1.9 although it worked fine in 2.1.8 and
>>> 2.1.9-dev (early december version). It's quite a big form that
>>> contains information about a company and its employees. I use a
>>> repeater widget for the employees. The problem is, when I display
>>> the form for the first time and change for example the name of the
>>> company (simple widget which contains a string) and then try do save
>>> it, the change gets lost, as if nothing ever happened. Only the data
>>> from the repeater get saved.  After displaying the form a second
>>> time, everything works fine. I found out that removing the repeater
>>> would solve the problem. But I can't do that. Remote debugging
>>> showed that ValueJXPathBinding.doSave(..) recognizes the changed
>>> values, but I don't know what happens after this (or how to debug
>>> this). The form gets called from flow like this:
>>>
>>> while (true) {           var formEdit = new
>>> Form("forms/firmenEditIIDef.xml");