cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Simone Gianni <s.gia...@thebug.it>
Subject Re: User Management Application in Cocoon, maybe based on CForms
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 23:03:00 GMT
Hi Torsten,
I think what you need is easy achievable with the LDAPTransformer, a
couple of JX templates and some XSLTs. Please have a look at the
LDAPTransformer documentation :
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/ldap-transformer.html , it's not
the easiest documentation I've seen around, and there are no samples, so
I'm afraid you'll have to search on google, ask here for more
informations, or look at the source code and make some experiments.

Anyway, basically the LDAPTransformer expects an XML representing an
LDAP query (or update AFAIR) as an input, connect to the LDAP server,
performs the required operation, and returns an XSL representation of
the result. So you can use JX Templates to create/parametrize your LDAP
queries, then pass then thru the LDAP Transformer, and then format them
with XSLT to obtain HTML pages.

Hope this helps, sorry if i gave you vague informations, but I've never
used this component.
Simone