cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Simone Gianni <s.gia...@thebug.it>
Subject Re: repalce function in Flowscript ?
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 10:47:19 GMT
Hi Luca,
I think there is a misunderstanding between the fact that the "filters"
variable is a java.lang.String object, while you are trying to use it as
if it was a javascript string.

In flow (and in rhino generally) you can have a javascript string ( var
a = 'ciao';) or a java string ( var a = new
Packages.java.lang.String('ciao') ). The method you can call on one or
another depends on the kind of string you are actually using.

I know this is a lot confusing, also because sometimes (eg. when the
string is used as a parameter) it is automatically converted from one
form to the other, while when calling a method on it it's not converted.

I actually know how to convert a javascript string to a java string (
var a = new Packages.java.lang.String(jsstring); ) but not how to do the
opposite, maybe a simple var a = myjavastring + ''; could do the trick,
not sure about it.

Hope this helps,
Simone