cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andre Juffer <Andre.Juf...@oulu.fi>
Subject Re: flow not logging
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 10:47:47 GMT
Fernando.Matomira@thomson.com wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I am using cocoon.log.debug() in flow but nothing is output in the log file.
>
> I see DEBUG messages from other parts of cocoon.
>
> I am using log4j

Look in WEB-INF/web.xml for the following:

     <!--
       If you want to configure log4j using Cocoon, then you can define
       an XML configuration file here. You can use the usual log4j property
       substituation mechanism, e.g. ${context-root} is replaced by the
       context root of this web application etc.
       You can configure the log4j configuration even if you use LogKit
       for Cocoon logging. You can use this to configure third party code
       for example.
     -->
       <init-param>
         <param-name>log4j-config</param-name>
         <param-value>/WEB-INF/log4j.xconf</param-value>
       </init-param>

You should check whether the <init-param> ... </init-param> is
uncommented. Restart your servlet engine if you need to make changes.

> Thanks

The Biocenter and            | Fax: +358-8-553-1141
     the Dep. of Biochemistry | Email: Andre.Juffer@oulu.fi