cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Pasha Minallah <pa...@neptuneinc.org>
Subject XInclude Problem: Fails to Produce Well-Formed Output
Date Sat, 27 May 2006 20:24:00 GMT
Hi,

We are currently using Cocoon 2.1.7 and attempting to migrate our applications
to 2.1.9.  Here is the main problem we've encountered in our testing of
XIncludeTransformer in 2.1.9.

*** Main Problem: Fails to Produce Well-Formed Output ***

Sitemap Snippet:

<map:generate src="web/content/home/index.xml"/>
<map:transform type="xinclude"/>
<map:serialize type="xml"/>

Pre-XInclude XML Snippet:

<section id="body">
  <section id="left-sidebars">
    <xi:include parse="xml" href="/opt/cocoon-2.1.9/build/webapp/smarte/web/content/home/menu.xml">
      <xi:fallback>
        <xi:include parse="xml" href="/opt/cocoon-2.1.9/build/webapp/smarte/web/content/common/main-menu.xml"/>
      </xi:fallback>
    </xi:include>
  </section>
</section>

Expected Output:

<section id="body">
  <section id="left-sidebars">
    <!-- Menu Content -->
  </section>
</section>

Actual Output:

<section id="body">
  <section id="left-sidebars">
    <!-- Menu Content -->
  </section>
  </xi:include>
</section>

Conclusion:

The closing xi:include tag without a corresponding opening tag makes the
output not well-formed.  Cocoon 2.1.7 produces the correct expected output.
This wouldn't be such a big deal if the output were displayed despite this
error but the browser bombs and displays the following ugly message:

XML Parsing Error: mismatched tag. Expected: </section>.
Location: http://localhost:8888/smarte/home/index.xml
Line Number 13, Column 13:</section></xi:include><section id="main-content">...

I pointed this problem out in Cocoon 2.1.8 as well, perhaps not in as much
detail.  I would urge you to at least restore the working code if fixing the
problem is going to take a while.

Thanks.

--
Pasha Minallah