cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "peter" <pe...@silmaril.ie>
Subject Cforms dates and data destinations
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 12:39:36 GMT
I've been experimenting with Cforms and I think I have the hang of it now.

a) I didn't realise that datatype base="date" would pop up a calendar
   applet beside the field -- an excellent idea. But the img src that
   it references doesn't appear to get installed (no problem, I found
   it and copied it); but the link to onclick="forms_calendar.select()"
   doesn't do anything, because there is no javascript embedded or
   referenced that contains that function. Should I have done something
   extra at build time to enable this, or is it something I can add by
   hand?

b) In the examples, I seem to have missed how you deal with the data.
   At the moment only three targets are required:
      i) mail the data to someone;
     ii) store the data in an XML file on the server for future reuse;
    iii) insert the data as a new element in an existing file on the
         server (eg the XML equivalent of appending to a dataset).
   Are there built-in functions to do these?

///Peter