cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Cocoon vs webwork/struts
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 08:38:18 GMT
Bertrand

Even more than that - there is a huge amount you can do
without any Java at all ... if you have XSLT/Javascript skills.
That's been my experience anyway.

Derek

and yes, you can always go "under the hood" to do anything
else you may need.

>>> bdelacretaz@apache.org 2006/04/04 08:45:36 AM >>>
Le 4 avr. 06 à 08:05, Derek Hohls wrote:

> ...PS My bias is that I believe that because Cocoon is
> a very solid web framework you can build anything
> at all with it!!...

Derek sums it up nicely - Cocoon is certainly not the easiest
platform to learn for simple CRUD applications, OTOH the sky is the
limit, especially if you have strong java skills.

For simple CRUD stuff you can have a look at the Bricks example,
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/BricksCms

-Bertrand

views of the CSIR.

CSIR E-mail Legal Notice