cocoon-users mailing list archives

From deepakkumar.sa...@tcs.com
Subject xsl problem
Date Sat, 22 Apr 2006 07:41:47 GMT
Hi All

The given samples are downloaded from internet to explain our situation.

We store the language used in session. We have multiple XML elements that
end with the language for example: title-en, title-nl.
We get either "en" or "nl" from session. We concatenate using an
xsl:variable. This doesn't work.

The same is depicted in the attached files.

Yor help is appreciated.

The xml file is below

<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="cdcatalog.xsl"?>

<catalog>
        <cd>
                <title>Empire Burlesque</title>
                <artist>Bob Dylan</artist>
                <country>USA</country>
                <company>Columbia</company>
                <price>10.90</price>
                <year>1985</year>
        </cd>
        <cd>
                <title>Hide your heart</title>
                <artist>Bonnie Tyler</artist>
                <country>UK</country>
                <company>CBS Records</company>
                <price>9.90</price>
                <year>2001</year>
                <year>2002</year>
                <year>2003</year>
                <year>2004</year>
        </cd>
        <cd>
                <title>Greatest Hits</title>
                <artist>Dolly Parton</artist>
                <country>USA</country>
                <company>RCA</company>
                <price>9.90</price>
                <year>1982</year>
        </cd>
        <cd>
                <title>Still got the blues</title>
                <artist>Gary Moore</artist>
                <country>UK</country>
                <company>Virgin records</company>
                <price>10.20</price>
                <year>1990</year>
        </cd>
        <cd>
                <title>Eros</title>
                <artist>Eros Ramazzotti</artist>
                <country>EU</country>
                <company>BMG</company>
                <price>9.90</price>
                <year>1997</year>
        </cd>
        <cd>
                <title>One night only</title>
                <artist>Bee Gees</artist>
                <country>UK</country>
                <company>Polydor</company>
                <price>10.90</price>
                <year>1998</year>
        </cd>
        <cd>
                <title>Sylvias Mother</title>
                <artist>Dr.Hook</artist>
                <country>UK</country>
                <company>CBS</company>
                <price>8.10</price>
                <year>1973</year>
        </cd>
        <cd>
                <title>Maggie May</title>
                <artist>Rod Stewart</artist>
                <country>UK</country>
                <company>Pickwick</company>
                <price>8.50</price>
                <year>1990</year>
        </cd>
        <cd>
                <title>Romanza</title>
                <artist>Andrea Bocelli</artist>
                <country>EU</country>
                <company>Polydor</company>
                <price>10.80</price>
                <year>1996</year>
        </cd>
        <cd>
                <title>When a man loves a woman</title>
                <artist>Percy Sledge</artist>
                <country>USA</country>
                <company>Atlantic</company>
                <price>8.70</price>
                <year>1987</year>
        </cd>
        <cd>
                <title>Black angel</title>
                <artist>Savage Rose</artist>
                <country>EU</country>
                <company>Mega</company>
                <price>10.90</price>
                <year>1995</year>
        </cd>
        <cd>
                <title>1999 Grammy Nominees</title>
                <artist>Many</artist>
                <country>USA</country>
                <company>Grammy</company>
                <price>10.20</price>
                <year>1999</year>
        </cd>
        <cd>
                <title>For the good times</title>
                <artist>Kenny Rogers</artist>
                <country>UK</country>
                <company>Mucik Master</company>
                <price>8.70</price>
                <year>1995</year>
        </cd>
        <cd>
                <title>Big Willie style</title>
                <artist>Will Smith</artist>
                <country>USA</country>
                <company>Columbia</company>
                <price>9.90</price>
                <year>1997</year>
        </cd>
        <cd>
                <title>Tupelo Honey</title>
                <artist>Van Morrison</artist>
                <country>UK</country>
                <company>Polydor</company>
                <price>8.20</price>
                <year>1971</year>
        </cd>
        <cd>
                <title>Soulsville</title>
                <artist>Jorn Hoel</artist>
                <country>Norway</country>
                <company>WEA</company>
                <price>7.90</price>
                <year>1996</year>
        </cd>
        <cd>
                <title>The very best of</title>
                <artist>Cat Stevens</artist>
                <country>UK</country>
                <company>Island</company>
                <price>8.90</price>
                <year>1990</year>
        </cd>
        <cd>
                <title>Stop</title>
                <artist>Sam Brown</artist>
                <country>UK</country>
                <company>A and M</company>
                <price>8.90</price>
                <year>1988</year>
        </cd>
        <cd>
                <title>Bridge of Spies</title>
                <artist>T`Pau</artist>
                <country>UK</country>
                <company>Siren</company>
                <price>7.90</price>
                <year>1987</year>
        </cd>
        <cd>
                <title>Private Dancer</title>
                <artist>Tina Turner</artist>
                <country>UK</country>
                <company>Capitol</company>
                <price>8.90</price>
                <year>1983</year>
        </cd>
        <cd>
                <title>Midt om natten</title>
                <artist>Kim Larsen</artist>
                <country>EU</country>
                <company>Medley</company>
                <price>7.80</price>
                <year>1983</year>
        </cd>
        <cd>
                <title>Pavarotti Gala Concert</title>
                <artist>Luciano Pavarotti</artist>
                <country>UK</country>
                <company>DECCA</company>
                <price>9.90</price>
                <year>1991</year>
        </cd>
        <cd>
                <title>The dock of the bay</title>
                <artist>Otis Redding</artist>
                <country>USA</country>
                <company>Atlantic</company>
                <price>7.90</price>
                <year>1987</year>
        </cd>
        <cd>
                <title>Picture book</title>
                <artist>Simply Red</artist>
                <country>EU</country>
                <company>Elektra</company>
                <price>7.20</price>
                <year>1985</year>
        </cd>
        <cd>
                <title>Red</title>
                <artist>The Communards</artist>
                <country>UK</country>
                <company>London</company>
                <price>7.80</price>
                <year>1987</year>
        </cd>
        <cd>
                <title>Unchain my heart</title>
                <artist>Joe Cocker</artist>
                <country>USA</country>
                <company>EMI</company>
                <price>8.20</price>
                <year>1987</year>
        </cd>
</catalog>

The xsl file is

<!-- Edited with XML Spy v2006 (http://www.altova.com) -->
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

<xsl:template match="catalog">
        <xsl:apply-templates select="cd[position()=2]" />
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="cd">

<!-- requirement: form the node name to be read by concatenating a
hard-coded string with a session param -->

  <xsl:variable name="session_value" select="'e'" />
  <xsl:variable name="nodeName" select="concat('titl',$session_value)" />

    <h2>My CD title: <xsl:value-of select="$nodeName"/></h2>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

Regards.

Deepak Kumar Sahoo