cocoon-users mailing list archives

From arnab.j...@tcs.com
Subject Re: creating only one cookie file for whole website
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 06:22:00 GMT

Hi all,
The issue has been solved by setting the path of the cookie to "/".

Regards,
Arnab Jena
Assistant Systems Engineer
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Bangalore,Karnataka
India
Cell:- 09886327580
Mailto: arnab.jena@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

Arnab Jena/BLR/TCS
04/20/2006 11:18 AM

users@cocoon.apache.org
cc

Subject
creating only one cookie file for whole website

Hi all,

I am working on cookie implementation and I am able to set and get the
values from a cookie.
But I am stuck as because whenever the link changes in the site it
actually creates a different cookie or searches from a different
cookie.txt.

e.g I am in 'home' link and I moved to 'home2' link.so it is actually
searching for the cookie.txt  in the name 'home2.txt'.
Is it bcoz I have not set the path or something else.If it is related to
path suggest me how to get only one cookie.txt for the whole site.

function1:
                var language_cookie =
cocoon.response.createCookie("languageCookie","en");
                language_cookie.maxAge = 500;
                cocoon.response.addCookie(language_cookie);

                var country_cookie =
cocoon.response.createCookie("countryCookie","India");
                country_cookie.maxAge = 500;
                cocoon.response.addCookie(country_cookie);

                var target_group =
cocoon.response.createCookie("targetGroup","PP");
                target_group.maxAge = 500;
                cocoon.response.addCookie(target_group);

function 2:
                var cookies = cocoon.request.getCookies();
                cocoon.session.setAttribute("nameLanguage",
cookies[0].getValue());
                cocoon.session.setAttribute("nameCountry",
cookies[1].getValue());
                cocoon.session.setAttribute("nameTargetGroup",
cookies[2].getValue());

this is the part where it is failng.

Arnab Jena
Assistant Systems Engineer
Tata Consultancy Services Limited

Bangalore,Karnataka
India
Cell:- 09886327580
Mailto: arnab.jena@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com
ForwardSourceID:NT00008C66

ForwardSourceID:NT00008C7A

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain
confidential or privileged information.   If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination,
use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail
message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited.   If you have received this communication
in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete
the message and any attachments.  Thank you