cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Gunter D'Hondt <gunter.dho...@sofico.be>
Subject Re: Accessing ActiveX Component
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 10:01:05 GMT
have a look at http://danadler.com/jacob/ which is a Java2ActiveX bridge
which works fine (I've implemented this once already with success).

Regards,
Gunter D'Hondt

"Pius Graber" <pius.graber@ceweb.ch>
06/04/2006 11:57
Please respond to
users@cocoon.apache.org

<users@cocoon.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Accessing ActiveX Component

Hi

I try to access an ActiveX component under Windows.
This works fine when I compile my code with javac and run it with java.

If I want  to use the code in an Logicsheet I get the error:

org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Error compiling
awix_xsp:
ERROR 1 (org\apache\cocoon\www\ojb\forms\awix_xsp.java):
COMClassObject.CoInitialize();
_DAwiX awixcomponent=new _DAwiX();
String application="AWIX.AwiXCtrl.1";
COMIPersistStreamInit init=new COMIPersistStreamInit();

// start error (lines 152-152) "Unhandled exception type COMException"
awixcomponent.QueryInterface(init);

// end error

This is part of the related code:

<xsp:page language="java" xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp">

  <xsp:structure>
    <xsp:include>java.awt.*</xsp:include>
    <xsp:include>java.util.*</xsp:include>
    <xsp:include>java.net.*</xsp:include>
    <xsp:include>com.neva.*</xsp:include>
    <xsp:include>ch.webdata.*</xsp:include>
    <xsp:include>awix.*</xsp:include>
  </xsp:structure>

  <page>
    <title>awix Test</title>
    <content>
      <xsp:logic>
                        COMClassObject.CoInitialize();
                        _DAwiX awixcomponent=new _DAwiX();
                        String application="AWIX.AwiXCtrl.1";
                        COMIPersistStreamInit init=new
COMIPersistStreamInit();
                        awixcomponent.QueryInterface(init);
                        init.InitNew();
                        awixcomponent.AttachDispatch(application);

Is it possible at all to access ActiveX Coponents?

Thanks