cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Vijesh A.V." <vijesh...@emirates.com>
Subject RE: forward to a cocoon application -- request attribute lost
Date Sun, 23 Apr 2006 09:46:44 GMT
Thanks for reading it.

I solved it myself.

request.getParameter() parameter is giving the value of attribute I was
looking for.

No need to use intermediate jsp file.
<http://localhost:8080/cocoon/daisy> http://localhost:8080/cocoon/daisy/
is the giving the desired behaviour.

Thanks

  _____

From: Vijesh A.V. [mailto:vijesh.av@emirates.com]
Sent: 23 April 2006 09:11
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: jsp:forward to a cocoon application -- request attribute lost

Hi all,

I am not using cocoon framework directly. The application I am
interested in (Daisy CMS) is using cocoon.

What I am trying to achieve is bypassing the login screen of the daisy
application. For that I have cocoon action registered with the sitemap,
which will do the login using an attribute from the request object
(which I am setting through a simulated post action).

The request I am sending from the browser has the attribute value in it.
But it doesn't reaches the cocoon application (i.e. daisy). Why?

The url I need to connect to is  <http://localhost:8080/cocoon/daisy>
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/daisy . Which works correction when I used
the login page directly.

Another approach I used was:

Connect to an intermediate jsp page and forward to the cocoon
application from that. Still when I access the request attribute value
from the Action class, it returns null.

 <http://localhost:8080/cocoon/autologin.jsp>
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/autologin.jsp

And in autologin.jsp

<jsp:forward  scope="application" page ="/daisy/"/>    // attribute is
available in the jsp page, I tested that

Here the destination page gets displayed with the default behaviour (my
login Action is not executed). But another thing I noticed is that the
relative path is lost. i.e. now path starts from /cocoon/pagex.html
instead of /cocoon/daisy/pagex.html

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,
Vijesh A V