cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ben Pope" <benpop...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CForms - Binding to one of Multiple Records
Date Sun, 30 Apr 2006 00:46:02 GMT
On 29/04/06, Peter Sparkes <peter@didm.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> Thank you - but I don't know how to get the "recordId" from the pipeline
> into the binding document. Can you please help

If your binding starts like:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<fb:context xmlns:fb="http://apache.org/cocoon/forms/1.0#binding"
            path="/records">

And you had an xsl that looked like:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:transform version="1.0"
xmlns:fb="http://apache.org/cocoon/forms/1.0#binding">
   <xsl:param name="recordId"/>

   <xsl:template match="/fb:context/@id">
      <fb:value id="/recoreds/record[@id={$recordId}"/>
   </xsl:template>

And served that through a pipeline:

<map:call function="ShowForm">
   <map:parameter name="recordId" value="{request-param:recordId}"/>

And ShowForm had:

function ShowForm() {
    var recordId = cocoon.parameters.recordId;
    cocoon.request.setAttribute("recordId", recordId);

    var form = new Form("FormDefinition.xml");

    form.createBinding("cocoon:/MyFormBindingURI");

I think that's all the bits you need, should get you started!

Ben Pope