cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: output indentation once and for all
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 05:12:22 GMT
On 24.04.2006 17:18, Justin Hannus wrote:

> These are all the things I've read in several different places and tried
> several times with not luck :-(
> 1. <xsl:output> does not work.
> 2. <?cocoon-format?> pi's did not work or were just too hard to
> configure for indenting with little or no documentation.

It's known that these both don't work.

> 3. Adding <indent>yes</indent> to XMLSerializer config does not do
> anything.

That one should work in general. But from my experience you never get a
really nicely indented XML from just setting this option. The only thing
working is IMO setting it to <indent>no</indent> and to write a
format.xsl doing the indentation (i.e. handling white spaces), which is
not that complicated.

Jörg