cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Justin Hannus <justin.han...@lycos-inc.com>
Subject output indentation once and for all
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 15:18:10 GMT
I've been trying to find documentation on how to get nicely indented
output from cocoon for the *longest* time and with no luck.  I've been
lead down some many wrong paths that I'm about to give up on ever having
pretty xml ever again.

I'm using Cocoon 2.1.7, XMLSerializer and Xalan which all ship with 2.1.7.

These are all the things I've read in several different places and tried
several times with not luck :-(
1. <xsl:output> does not work.
2. <?cocoon-format?> pi's did not work or were just too hard to
configure for indenting with little or no documentation.
3. Adding <indent>yes</indent> to XMLSerializer config does not do anything.

This seems like such a trivial thing to do with such a robust xml
processing framework like cocoon.

Is anyone out there able to produce pretty indented xml with the same
components I've listed above or with different combinations?  I realize
that a different serializer or transformer implementation might be part
the solution but I have yet to find it.  What I'm hoping to do with this
thread is end all indentation questions with Cocoon one and for all.

What are you using and how?

Thanks,

--

Justin Hannus
Software Engineer | Infrastructure | Lycos Inc.