cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Curran <daniel.cur...@dotech.com>
Subject Re: Return Error Code Based on Pipeline Content
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 12:08:49 GMT
Since I need to make a choice between a number of different exceptions
to throw I used a xalan java extension, and then an exception selector
in the handle-errors section.

This did the trick. In the transform I have defined
<exception:statusCode200/> which will cause Java to throw a
StatusCode200Exception which I can pick up in the handle-errors section
and return <map:serialize type="xml" status-code="200"/>

Using the java extension allows me to easily define which error code
that I wish to throw and to pick based on an xsl:if or xsl:choose.

Thanks for the advice, it worked out great,
Dan