cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Peter Flynn <pe...@silmaril.ie>
Subject Re: "auth-protect" not defined for "act"
Date Sun, 09 Apr 2006 20:03:15 GMT
Andrew Stevens wrote:
[me]
>> I did the default build, so I had assumed Yes. How would I recognise it?
>
> Well, for starters, there'll be a cocoon-authentication-fw-block.jar in
> build/webapp/WEB-INF/lib...

That's there:

$ locate cocoon-authentication-fw-block.jar
/usr/src/cocoon-2.1.8/build/webapp/WEB-INF/lib/cocoon-authentication-fw-block.jar
/usr/local/apache-tomcat-5.5.12/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/cocoon-authentication-fw-block.jar
$

So the authentication-fw block must have been selected for inclusion.
Unfortunately it doesn't mean anything to me as I don't speak Java.
But presumably it means that the relevant bits and pieces *are* present
in the build, so I can use them, if I can find some document which tells
me which ones are needed and what they're called, right?

And Bruno Dumon wrote:
[me]
 >> I tried
 >>
 >>   <map:action name="auth-protect"
 >>   src="org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.acting.ProtectAction"/>
[...]
 > Just guessing class names isn't very effective indeed ;-)

No, alas. Naming them after the action they perform would be far
too easy :-)

 > One way to know what exists is of course to check the source code.

Only relevant, alas, if you speak Java.

 > Another way is to go to here:
 > http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/facetedBrowser/default
 >
 > and choose "authentication-fw" for CocoonBlock and "Action" for
 > CocoonComponentReference, and this should show you a list of all
 > actions in the authentication framework.

Which unfortunately confirms my suspicion that there is no definition
for auth-protect [yet]. If you do as above, the only four listed are
AuthAction, LoggedInAction, LoginAction, and LogoutAction. The doc
at http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/developing/webapps/authentication.html
describes very clearly the existence of a <map:act type="auth-protect">
which appears to be fundamental to the authentication framework, but
which causes a fatal error if you try to use it.

Does anyone have a workaround for implementing simple sitemap auth?

///Peter