cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Geissler" <M.Geiss...@wika.de>
Subject Antw: running Cocoon CLI for with version 2.1.8
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2006 07:35:00 GMT
Hello Stephanie,

the exception you have is caused by a missing servlet.jar

Copy the file "servlet_2_2.jar" from "D:\cocoon-2.1.8\lib\core" to
"D:\cocoon-2.1.8\build\webapp\WEB-INF\lib"

have you looked at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/users@cocoon.apache.org/msg31015.html
or in German: http://cocoonforum.logabit.com/viewtopic.php?t=483
?
I know this documentation is ant based, as I have some requirements
like copy the resulting files to
production server is also done easily with ant.
I have not tried to make it work with cli, but it should work I
assume.
One hint to make cli work is to look at the ant build-file how the
cocoon ant task is configured there and
transform this to cli parameters.

hth

Martin

>>> stephanie.zohner@gmx.at Donnerstag, 6. April 2006 17:19 >>>
Hi community,

I have just updated my cocoon version from 2.1.3 to 2.1.8 and wnt to
run
cocoon cli now. However I get the following exception:

org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException:
Cannot
find ServletContext object in application context

According to the mailing list archive this is a well known problem
however
thesoltion provided is to use ANt instead (if I have not missunderstood
it).

However I prefer to make the cocoon cli runnable again. Does anybody
know
how?

Is there anybody out htere who has ever used the Cocoon CLI for 2.1.8
successfully?

Thanks,

Stephanie