cocoon-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Kamal Bhatt <kbh...@tt.com.au>
Subject Re: Field not binding.
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 06:18:03 GMT

OK, all I did was copy an existing field and, through a process of 
elimination, created the a new field similar to the old one and it 
works. The only difference is the name and the position in the various 
files.

Weird. I would dwell on this, but I have other things to do. Thanks for 
the help Simone.

Kamal Bhatt wrote:

>
> Simone Gianni wrote:
>
>> Hi Kamal,
>> I can't see anything wrong with your binding, except 
>> "<fb:identity><fbvalue id="position" path="position"/></fb:identity>"

>> where fdvalue should be fb:value, but this would prevent your 
>> repeater from binding correctly also all other fields in the 
>> repeater, so I think this is a typo in your mail rather than in your 
>> form.
>>
>> Try to set it required=true, this will cut your problem : if the form 
>> returns a validation error, then the form is not receiving the value, 
>> so maybe the problem is in the HTML/XSL or somewhere else after the 
>> form itself, while if it does not return a validation error, then the 
>> forms receives the value, so the problem is in the binding/bean.
>
>
> I tried this, validation works correctly, so the problem is with the 
> binding.
>
>>
>> Another suggestion could be to run cocoon in debug mode, connect to 
>> it with your IDE, and place a breakpoint both in 
>> Information.getChannelInfo and Information.setChannelInfo to see if 
>> they are called and if the proper values are passed. This will again 
>> cut your problem, if setter is called correctly then the problem is 
>> not in binding, if it's not called then it is in binding.
>
>
> I don't have easy access to an IDE so I used log4j and logged it that 
> way. The log statements are never called (I am pretty sure I am using 
> the logger correctly as I am logging a field I know is working.)
>
> I have also tried renaming the field (twice). I am using an OJB 
> mapping, but I have saved the data to the bean without saving to the 
> database and my log messages for channel remain uncalled. Curious 
> thing about the OJB though is that even that doesn't trigger the log 
> messages, which leads me to conclude that the problem with the 
> whatever mechanism is used to guess the get/set routines.
>
> Here are the interfaces for my get/set routines:
>
> public int getChannelInfo() {...}
> public void setChannelInfo(int inChannelInfo) {...}
>
> and the attribute:
>
> private int mChannelInfo;
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>


-- 
Kamal Bhatt


--
Disclaimer: This email is confidential and may contain privileged information for the sole
use of the person or business to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify the sender by return e-mail or phone as you must not view, disseminate, distribute
or copy this email without our consent. We do not accept any liability in connection with
any computer virus, data corruption, incompleteness, or unauthorised amendment of this email.
It is the sole responsibility of the receiver to scan for viruses before opening.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@cocoon.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@cocoon.apache.org


Mime
View raw message