cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: How to play video files?
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 20:54:32 GMT
Hello Fadi,

On 04.04.2006 12:28, Fadi Qutaishat wrote:

> When I click the link that opens the video file it
> takes long time to open it and it starts the windows
> media player to play the file but nothing shows.

so at least it seems the sitemap and directory part works ok. But the
downloaded file seems to be broken. Are you sure that the file placed in
the file system is ok? If you right-click on the link, choose "Save link
target as ..." (or however it might be called in your browser) and so
save the file to your local disk and execute it from there, does this work?

IIRC the general problem might be the caching of "too big files", which
might be the case for your MPEG. So Ian might be correct with his
suggestion of a non-caching pipeline.

Jörg