cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Edward Elhauge ...@uncanny.net>
Subject Re: Question on using CForms with XSLT and aggregation
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 22:54:48 GMT
Thanks you all. I get it now; the sendPage and showForm pipelines
generate the data stream. They're the ones that get the serializers.

The 'call function' and 'call continuation' map calls just trigger the
flowscript.

Enlightened,
Ed

* Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@gmx.de> wrote on [2006-04-26 12:42]:
> On 26.04.2006 19:59, Edward Elhauge wrote:
>
> >><map:match pattern="continuePipe/*.continue">
> >>    <map:call continuation="{1}"/>
> >></map:match>
> >>
> >>Note that you shouldn't need the <map:serialize> after the continuation
> >>call, as the continuation itself should call a pipeline to produce the
> >>view. Same goes for the formPipe/** pipeline.
> >
> >The reason I put in the line:
> >    <map:serialize type="xml" />
> >
> >was to make sure that the pipeline "knew" that the output of that
> >pipeline was XML. Most of the examples of Jx and continuations I've seen
> >are outputting HTML. Whereas I'm outputting XML for further processing by
> >my portal and aggregation pipeline.
> >
> >Is the difference between HTML and XML irrelevant at that stage?
> >Am I adding an unnecessary serialization process or step by adding that
> >line, or is it merely syntactically redundant?
>
> As Jason already wrote: This pipeline does not result in an XML stream,
> but only starts flowscript execution. From the flowscript some code
> delegating to another pipeline must be executed. You must have anything
> with redirectTo or sendPage(AndWait) in your flowscript.
>
> Jörg

---end quoted text---

--
        Edward Elhauge <ee@uncanny.net>
"I want to be a person like somebody else once was." -- Peter Handke "Kasper"