cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Edward Elhauge ...@uncanny.net>
Subject Re: Question on using CForms with XSLT and aggregation
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 17:59:52 GMT
Thank you Bertrand and Jason. I removed the superfluous .continue and the
sitemap worked as expected.

I have a question about the serializer line below.

* Jason Johnston <cocoon@lojjic.net> wrote on [2006-04-26 06:02]:
> Edward Elhauge wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm hoping someone can set me straight on this. I must be missing a
> > crucial concept in getting this to work.
> >
> > My question is eventually going to be:
> >     Any idea on how to get the continuation to pass through an XSLT?
> >

> Bertrand's answer is right; here's specifically how to do it:
>

> > <map:match pattern="continuePipe/**">
> >   <!-- To aggregate a JX Continuation -->
> >     <map:call continuation="{1}"/>
> >
> >   <map:serialize type="xml" />
> > </map:match>
>
> Should be:
>
> <map:match pattern="continuePipe/*.continue">
>     <map:call continuation="{1}"/>
> </map:match>
>
> Note that you shouldn't need the <map:serialize> after the continuation
> call, as the continuation itself should call a pipeline to produce the
> view. Same goes for the formPipe/** pipeline.

The reason I put in the line:
    <map:serialize type="xml" />

was to make sure that the pipeline "knew" that the output of that
pipeline was XML. Most of the examples of Jx and continuations I've seen
are outputting HTML. Whereas I'm outputting XML for further processing by
my portal and aggregation pipeline.

Is the difference between HTML and XML irrelevant at that stage?
Am I adding an unnecessary serialization process or step by adding that
line, or is it merely syntactically redundant?

--
        Edward Elhauge <ee@uncanny.net>
"I want to be a person like somebody else once was." -- Peter Handke "Kasper"