cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Quenot <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Need help with HTMLArea in Cforms
Date Sun, 23 Apr 2006 22:40:33 GMT
* Leszek Gawron:

> Mark Lundquist wrote:
>
> > The problem is  that when I submit the form,  the new value of
> > the widget  is not submitted.   I fired up  LiveHTTPHeaders in
> > Mozilla, and  I can see  that it's the  old value in  the POST
> > request, not the new one.
>
> cocoon  uses  forms_onsubmit()  and   handles  all  submits  not
> via   <input  type="submit"/>   but  via   <input  type="button"
> onclick="forms_onsubmit(...)"/>
>
> this does not trigger the  default form's onsubmit handler which
> htmlarea overrides.
>
> the most stupid way to fix that is:
>
> This  is just  a quick  fix. Probably the  way to  fix it  is to
> register this kind of handler for every htmlarea in the form.

Perhaps we shall fix something in  Cocoon to make it work?  I also
encountered  this annoying  problem, and  lost a  couple of  hours
trying to figure out what was going wrong... then switched to Dojo
Rich Text Editor that does not exhibit this problem except in Ajax
mode.
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot
aka  John Banana Qwerty