cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: "auth-protect" not defined for "act"
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 07:49:48 GMT
On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 22:05 +0100, Peter Flynn wrote:
> Andrew Stevens wrote:
> >> From: Peter Flynn <peter@silmaril.ie>
> >> Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 20:03:56 +0100
> >>
> >> I added
> >>
> >>   <map:action name="auth-login"
> >>   src="org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.acting.LoginAction"/>
> >>
> >> to the <map:components> section of my sitemap
> >
> > Inside the <map:actions>, right?
>
> Yes. But -- grrrr -- I has pasted it inside the LocaleAction
> definition, which in the sample sitemap is the only non-empty
> element there. Must have been late at night.
>
> So now that works, many thanks, but I now get the same class of
> error saying that auth-protect isn't defined. So taking a guess
> I tried
>
>   <map:action name="auth-protect"
>    src="org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.acting.ProtectAction"/>
>
> not expecting it to work, and I wasn't disappointed :-) How many more
> of these are there, and where are they documented? There's no mention
> of them in the pages about Authentication.

Just guessing class names isn't very effective indeed ;-)

One way to know what exists is of course to check the source code.

Another way is to go to here:
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/facetedBrowser/default

and choose "authentication-fw" for CocoonBlock and "Action" for
CocoonComponentReference, and this should show you a list of all actions
in the authentication framework.

(note: not all blocks are in there yet, but the authentication-fw is)