cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: User Roles and Flowscript
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 06:18:20 GMT
As always, the archives are worth searching as well ;-) e.g.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=113769531804110&w=2

(I had a similar problem)

>>> z-cool@web.de 2006/03/29 10:47 PM >>>
Stewart, Gary wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've been working with the authentication resource for a while but I figured it was about
time I implemented per role pipelines (that is some pipelines can only be accessed by some
roles). I am using flowscript to do this but I don't seem to be able to get it to work. The
pipeline performs an authentication check (I figure this would give me the session information;
or is there something I need to do in the flow?). In the Javascript I quite simply have:

> function administratorOnlyPage()
> {
>  var resource = cocoon.parameters.resourceRequest;
>  if(cocoon.request.isUserInRole("Administrator"))
>  {
>   cocoon.sendPage(resource);
>  }
>  else
>  {
>   cocoon.sendPage("access-denied");
>  }
> }
>
> I've checked the user role on another page and it appears that they are an administrator.
Is there something I'm missing? Do I need to define the roles?

> Sorry to bother and thanks,
>
> Gary

> The information contained in this message may be confidential or
> legally privileged and is intended for the addressee only. If you
> have received this message in error or there are any problems
> please notify the originator immediately. The unauthorised use,
> disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
> strictly forbidden.
>

> If you work for NHS Lothian and wish to have help to stop smoking, support is available
by contacting stopsmoking.staff@lpct.scot.nhs.uk or 0131 537 9494  - internal 49494.  For
anyone else living/working in Lothian, please contact 0800 848484 for your nearest NHS stop
smoking service.

Hi Gary,

this might help you:
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/AuthFWWithFlow

It didn't help me. I have the same problem like in
http://www.planetcocoon.com/node/1879

However, you can use something like this:

<map:parameter name="userid"
value="{session-context:authentication/authentication/ID}" />

when you call your javaflow function, and

var uid = cocoon.parameters["userid"];

in your javaflow.

Regards,
Wadim