cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <dho...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Executing code when transforming
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 06:20:29 GMT
And if you do use extensions, please be aware that some
methods are XSLT-processor specific; so code that works
in Xalan may not work if you switch to Saxon.

>>> askild@xangeli.com 2006/03/07 04:56:45 PM >>>
Goetzmann Bertrand wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I would like to know all the available mechanisms to execute some code
>when one operates a transformation (using the default transformer). I
>mean a way to execute java or javascript code that resides in the xsl
>file in order to use some result.
>To have working with Microsoft XML parser (MSXML) several years ago, I
>know there is a way using some proprietary extension to XSLT, and the
>code was in Javascript.

If you are using Xalan (default XSLT-processor in Cocoon), have a look at
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/extensions.html

I guess that your reason for this is that you don't find XSLT expressive
enough for your needs. If so, have a look at Saxon and it's XSLT 2.0
capabilities.
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/Saxon

Askild
-