cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Martynas Jusevicius" <martynas.jusevic...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is Cocoon the right choice?
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:23:55 GMT
For me Cocoon also looked like a perfect choice at first, and sitemap
with URL-matching as a perfect idea. But when a simple static sitemap
is becoming dynamic and involves logic or actions, it gets nasty. Some
flow control, a concept which I don't like at all, some JavaScript
gets involved, dummyn aggregations and transform results, dozens of
(never used) modules.You might find yourself trying to work around
sitemap's restrictions while building quite a simple thing and ending
up with strange and unreliable mix of technologies, some of them being
Cocoon-only. At this point, you might think: I would already have done
that with servlets or just PHP.
I would suggest that you check out XQuery. With an extension of
servlet-like functionality it became my favorite tool for web
development. Take a look at XQuery Server Pages or eXist XML DB.

Martynas