cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Luca Morandini <lmorand...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: opening a new window in xsl
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 10:43:40 GMT
arnab.jena@tcs.com wrote:

>         I am trying to open a new window in xsl which is called within a
> pipeline in sitemap.For the purpose I am wrinting a javascript function
> within xsl.but i am getting an error message that the positioning of the
> <xsl:script>is wrong.
> Is it that cocoon does not recgnoize the use of the usage of xsl:script
> lang="javascript" or is there something which I am missing.
> Can anyone put some light on the issue?

I'm not sure I got what you're trying to do, but:

1) Cocoon processes XSLT on the server side, but you are trying to open
a window on the client side; hence, this cannot be done by XSLT
processing alone.
2) The "xsl:script" element is an "hook" provided in XSLT 1.1 for
processor-specific extensions, hence, something that works under Xalan
may not work under MSXML.

Anyway, why don't you just embed a "window.open()" statement in an HTML
"script" element ?

Regards,