cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: accessing another servlet from cocoon pipeline
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 19:58:26 GMT

On Fri, 3 Mar 2006, Fansi wrote:

> Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 16:00:17 +0100 (CET)
> From: Fansi <majirusfansi@yahoo.fr>
> To: users@cocoon.apache.org
> Subject: accessing another servlet from cocoon pipeline
>
> Hi all,
>  I am developping a web application which interacts with eXist xml database.
>  I have set  a pipeline that updates my database by executing an XUpdate document.
>  What i need is to check some properties of the database after the updates.
>  <map:match pattern="update">
>          <map:generate  src="xupdate.xml"/>
>          <map:transform type="xmldb"/>
>          <map:redirect-to uri="http://localhost/checkProperties"/>
>          <map:serialize/>
>    </map:match>
>  Whenever i execute the pipeline without the redirect-to element, the  source document
is updated, but with that element it is not and i have  only got the execution of my servlet.

This is the corrrect behaviour of Cocoon. A pipeline gets executed when
Cocoon has collected the first serialize element. The pipeline
components (generator,transformer, serialier) are chained together
(SAX event stream). This assebled pipeline will than be executed. if you
put other components (non pipeline components as matchers, selectors,
redirect-to,...) they will be executed immediately. Thus your additional
servlet has been executed (and the request was terminated as after a
redirect-to there is no need to do anything else)

>  Should anyone have a tip about doing such think? is it possible to  write my own transformer
instead of using another servlet? should a  sitemap component appropriate for accomplishing
this?

Sure, writing your own transformer is of course possible.

>  Any idea is welcome.
>  Should you need more precision, feel free to ask me.
>  I thank all of you in advance.
>  Kind regards,
>
>  Majirus

> Nouveau : téléphonez moins cher avec Yahoo! Messenger ! Découvez les tarifs exceptionnels
pour appeler la France et l'international.Téléchargez la version beta.

- --
Giacomo Pati