cocoon-users mailing list archives

From arnab.j...@tcs.com
Subject Re: accessing a flowscript variable in xsl
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 13:18:43 GMT

Thanks all for having a look.

this issue has been resolved.

Regards,

Arnab Jena
Assistant Systems Engineer
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Bangalore,Karnataka
India
Mailto: arnab.jena@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

Luca Morandini <lmorandini@ieee.org>
Sent by: news <news@sea.gmane.org>
03/21/2006 02:29 PM
Please respond to
users@cocoon.apache.org

cc

Subject
Re: accessing a flowscript variable in xsl

arnab.jena@tcs.com wrote:

>         I am working on flowscripts.I am passing a variable from a
> flowscript function to a pipeline in sitemap,
> and trying to access it in a xml and also a xsl.I am able to access it
> in the xml as ${variable_name} but when I
> am trying to access it in the same way as ${variable_name} in the xsl I
> am unable to access it.

A parameter has to be declared before using it in XSL, and the syntax is
different from the one used in JX templates.

> Can anyone through some light on the problem,any idea regarding how to
> access a variable in xsl passed from a flowscript function?

As usual in Cocoon, there are many ways to achieve this, but I presume
(though I never had the chance to use it myself) that
FlowAttributeModule input module is the best fit
(http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/modules-ref.html).

Regards,