cocoon-users mailing list archives

From ian.d.stew...@jpmchase.com
Subject Re: JXel Issues, Won't recognize params from sitemap
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 15:04:49 GMT
Berin,

I have successfully configured Cocoon (2.1.7) to store non-String Objects
in the Cocoon request (and access the same within JXTemplate) using a
custom Action.  The trick is to store the Object in the Request object
instead of the SiteMap, and access using the request object within your
JXTemplate.

Let me know if you're interested and I can share some code samples with
you, to get you started in the right direction.

Ian

It's better to be hated for who you are
than loved for who you are not

Ian D. Stewart
Phone: (614) 244-2564
Pager: (888) 260-0078

                      Berin Loritsch

                      <bloritsch@d-have        To:       users@cocoon.apache.org

                      n.org>                   cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: JXel Issues, Won't recognize
params from sitemap
                      03/23/2006 11:33

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      users

Bruno Dumon wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 15:27 -0500, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
>> I need to pass parameters into my Jexl.  As long as the call to the
>> resource originally comes from the flowscript, everything seems to be
>> OK.  HOwever, I can't seem to pass parameters directly from the sitemap.
>>
>> Anyone know what's going on?
>>

> There are indeed some differences between calling JXTemplate from flow
> or directly, though I don't recall what these were exactly (would need
> to check the sources). Some things you might try until someone more
> experienced helps you:
>
> * instead of "cocoon.parameters", use just "parameters"
> * try JXPath instead of Jexl: #{$cocoon/parameters/something}
> * or if you're on Cocoon 2_1_x head, use the template block instead
> (just switch the jx declaration to o.a.c.template.JXTemplateGenerator)
> which should solve these differences

It turns out that you can't use Java Objects other than string if you
are passing from the sitemap.  I consider this to be a bug.
Particularly since you can't pass in anything through
cocoon.request.getAttribute() unless you go through a flowscript?!?  I
eventually had to bounce the request through a flowscript just to get
the value passed.  It's a pain in the arse.