cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Warrell.Harr...@westsussex.gov.uk
Subject Re: Handling SQL Transformer exceptions
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 15:19:10 GMT
Hi Oleg,

Thanks for clearing that up. Have you put that error-handling code in the
stage of the pipeline that follows the SQL transform? The XML document
after your SQLTrnsformer stage will consist of Error elements so you will
have to provide templates for them if you want to handle them. That is, if
the XSL that outputs the <sql:query> elements is in query.xsl then the
error handling should be in process.xsl

        <map:transform src="query.xsl"/>
        <map:transform type="sql">
                <map:parameter name="use-connection" value="db"/>
        </map:transform>
        <map:transform src="process.xsl"/>

Of course, you will also provide templates for the <sql:row> elements
generated when there are no errors!

Hope this helps

Warrell Harries | IT Services, West Sussex County Council | Location:
Northleigh House
Office: +44 (0) 1243-756837 | Email: warrell.harries@westsussex.gov.uk

Oleg Konovalov <olegkon@yahoo.com>
27/03/2006 15:59
Please respond to
users@cocoon.apache.org

users@cocoon.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Handling SQL Transformer exceptions

Warrell,

>I don't think that you can call this a 'bug in Cocoon'!
I meant, a bug in my app (DB problem is not shown to the user and not
handled, just fails to insert and let user guess what happened).
 I use Cocoon 2.0.4, not 2.1. Would it mean any difference for handling
SQLTransformer exceptions ?

Thank you,
Oleg.