cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Stevens" <at...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: metrics for cocoon vs web sphere
Date Sun, 05 Mar 2006 09:01:02 GMT
>From: "Sabinay_Swain" <Sabinay_Swain@satyam.com>
>Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 14:06:39 +0530
>
>Hi,
>

>I am searching for a cocoon VS Web Sphere metrics we r trying to run the
>cocoon 2.1.2 application with web sphere 5.1.X we r getting the
>following error

Do you mean performance metrics, or something else?  The error you are
getting is a problem with the XML being passed through the pipeline, which
is unlikely to be due to performance unless perhaps it only happens under
high load.  Does every request for /home/index.html produce the error, or
only sometimes?

>Message: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
>org.xml.sax.SAXException: Invalid processing instruction name
>(saxon:warning)

Sounds like at some point in your pipeline, a Saxon XSL transformer is using
a stylesheet (or perhaps is processing an XML stream) containing a PI it
doesn't understand.  Probably it begins with something other than <?xml
version="1.0" encoding=...?>, or perhaps is totally empty (though I'd have
expected that to complain about no root element being found).  Without more
details of the pipeline & XML you're using, we can only guess.  Have you
tried using a view to dump out the contents of your pipeline at various
points, to see which pipeline component causes the problem?

Andrew.