cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christofer.D...@partner.commerzbank.com
Subject AW: Scaling Cocoon to handle a heavy load
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 11:04:05 GMT

When profiling on your testmachine, are you creating a representative load
(using Jmeter or more complex tools such as SiteWalker if you need
workflow). With my problem I could only reproduce problems under heavy
system load. Just plain profiling doesn't seem to show the problems.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: news [mailto:news@sea.gmane.org] Im Auftrag von Tomasz Nowak
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 2. März 2006 08:17
An: users@cocoon.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Scaling Cocoon to handle a heavy load

Ralph Goers <Ralph.Goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> The version I am running in production is slightly older - it was a
> snapshot a little bit before 2.1.7 was released.  We don't use XSPs,
> database, mail or lucene though. And we see absolutely no memory
> leaks.
>
> Have you run your app under a profile?

I'm evaluating jProfiler on development machine, but I can't replicate the
hangs. I'm not sure if I able to plug the profiler class into the production
server. Anyway I'm just a Cocoon user willing to build webapplication easily
;)

PS. For the time being I've found out that increasing PermSpace to (!) 512m
for 8 cocoon instances might be helpfull.
Is that possible and reasonable?

--
T.