cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Persistent caching with TWO Cocoon in two Tomcat on the SAME machine
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 10:57:05 GMT
Hello Robert,

I asked around a little bit here, and there are others thinking it should be quite possible
to use shared (open source) caches. Only thing that you have to build it yourself in cocoon
because at the moment it is not in there yet.

What really may interest you though is the following: In the current cocoon distribution (2.1.8
and earlier) , the EHDefaultStore.java did NOT enable parameters to set "timeToLiveSeconds"
and "timeToIdleSeconds". For the coming release of cocoon 2.1.9 (withing 2 weeks?) you can
define these two parameters (or just one of them) in your cocoon.xconf: For now, default EHCache
configuration is that everything is cached eternally! This means, once cached, it will stay
there forever.

In the next release, EHDefaultStore.java will be replaced by
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon/trunk/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/store/impl/EHDefaultStore.java?rev=332608&view=markup

You can now for example configure your store like:

  <store logger="core.store">
    <parameter name="maxobjects" value="1100"/>
    <parameter name="eternal" value="false"/>
    <!-- 1 day -->
    <parameter name="timeToLiveSeconds" value="86400"/>
    <!-- 3 hours -->
    <parameter name="timeToIdleSeconds" value="10800"/>
  </store>

meaning, that no matter what, the cached document will ALWAYS be removed after one day, AND
it will be removed after 3 hours of no request for it.

In your case, for example, you could try to set timeToLiveSeconds to 0, meaning it is not
taken into account, and your timeToIdleSeconds to for example 1 day. Documents not fetched
for longer than one day will now be removed from your cache.

Hope this is interesting for you,

Regards AS

--

Hippo