cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Accessing cocoon cache for own purposes
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 20:55:33 GMT

> I am getting content (most of it is images) from remote servers. The
> thing is that I wanted to implement a cache mechanism based
> on the http
> cache headers, i.e. sending a If-Modified-Since header and
> receiving a
> 304 if the resource hasn't changed.

Hmmm, I dont know how to make your own cache...though should be possible. Then again, you
are reading images from other servers, and don't want to store the images on your own server
I suppose. You probably still use resource readers, right? You can give an expires in the
readers, so the clients wont fetch the images (pdf/doc) over and over again. The images get
an expires you can set.

Probably extending the reource reader to be able to "read" the expires time of the image when
calling it from the remote server and setting this value again as the expires value shouldn't
be to hard.

> The second limitation is that the component is supposed to work
> multithreaded and get a bunch of n images simultaneously.
>
> Thats why I was thinking that one cache key is not enough and I need

You can create an aggregated validity

> directy access to the cache system.

Regards AS