cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XML messaging
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 16:50:12 GMT
Le 13 mars 06 à 19:46, Yves Vindevogel a écrit :

> ...A message is an XML file, on which you have to respond.  Your
> response is basically answering what you received and reporting
> errors if they occur...

In the java world a good tool for this is JMS, an interface to
message buses which provide asynchronous guaranteed delivery,
transaction support, etc.

There is a JMS block in Cocoon, I don't know much about it but its
code can certainly be used as a starting point. Anyway accessing a
JMS bus from java is fairly easy.

Also, Daisy (the Cocoon-based CMS) uses a JMS bus internally, you
might want to have a look at their code for examples. They use
openjms for the bus IIRC, http://openjms.sourceforge.net/

AFAIU, ServiceMix (http://servicemix.org/) goes in the same
direction, you might also want to have a look at what they do.

-Bertrand