cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Stewart, Gary" <Gary.Stew...@luht.scot.nhs.uk>
Subject User Roles and Flowscript
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 09:09:00 GMT
Hi there,

I've been working with the authentication resource for a while but I figured it was about
time I implemented per role pipelines (that is some pipelines can only be accessed by some
roles). I am using flowscript to do this but I don't seem to be able to get it to work. The
pipeline performs an authentication check (I figure this would give me the session information;
or is there something I need to do in the flow?). In the Javascript I quite simply have:

function administratorOnlyPage()
{
 var resource = cocoon.parameters.resourceRequest;
 if(cocoon.request.isUserInRole("Administrator"))
 {
  cocoon.sendPage(resource);
 }
 else
 {
  cocoon.sendPage("access-denied");
 }
}

I've checked the user role on another page and it appears that they are an administrator.
Is there something I'm missing? Do I need to define the roles?

Sorry to bother and thanks,

Gary

legally privileged and is intended for the addressee only. If you
have received this message in error or there are any problems
please notify the originator immediately. The unauthorised use,
disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
strictly forbidden.

If you work for NHS Lothian and wish to have help to stop smoking, support is available by
contacting stopsmoking.staff@lpct.scot.nhs.uk or 0131 537 9494  - internal 49494.  For anyone
else living/working in Lothian, please contact 0800 848484 for your nearest NHS stop smoking
service.