cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Tim Williams" <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migrating Cocoon site for static presentation
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 16:21:42 GMT
On 3/6/06, J.D. Williams <jdwilliams@austin.rr.com> wrote:
> Actually, considering my background (not a Java programmer; moderately
> proficient in XML/XSL) and the state of documentation for all the tools
> available, Forrest is looking like the best solution for me.
>
> So far, I have been able to generate the documentation, seed a new site
> and generate static and webapp versions of the new site.
>
> Figuring out how to add your own content is fairly simple, as long as
> you stick with the default layout.
>
> The challenge for me is to create new content using my own DTD and XSL,
> and get forrest to generate that.
>
> Joe

If you decide to go this route, you should query
users@forrest.apache.org [1].  You should describe your use-case in a
little more detail over there but you might take a look at creating an
input plugin[2] for your custom dtd.

btw, you mention Cocoon CLI as "another option"; it's how "forrest
site" is implemented.

--tim

[1] - http://forrest.apache.org/mail-lists.html
[2] - http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/howto/howto-buildPlugin.html