cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject Re: JXel Issues, Won't recognize params from sitemap
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 04:33:37 GMT
Bruno Dumon wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 15:27 -0500, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
>> I need to pass parameters into my Jexl.  As long as the call to the
>> resource originally comes from the flowscript, everything seems to be
>> OK.  HOwever, I can't seem to pass parameters directly from the sitemap.
>>
>> Anyone know what's going on?
>>

> There are indeed some differences between calling JXTemplate from flow
> or directly, though I don't recall what these were exactly (would need
> to check the sources). Some things you might try until someone more
> experienced helps you:
>
> * instead of "cocoon.parameters", use just "parameters"
> * try JXPath instead of Jexl: #{$cocoon/parameters/something}
> * or if you're on Cocoon 2_1_x head, use the template block instead
> (just switch the jx declaration to o.a.c.template.JXTemplateGenerator)
> which should solve these differences

It turns out that you can't use Java Objects other than string if you
are passing from the sitemap.  I consider this to be a bug.
Particularly since you can't pass in anything through
cocoon.request.getAttribute() unless you go through a flowscript?!?  I
eventually had to bounce the request through a flowscript just to get
the value passed.  It's a pain in the arse.