cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject Large Navigation Menus?
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 20:07:58 GMT
Does CForms have easy ways of using forms to navigate a complex structure?

We have a set of over 400 locations in a hierarchy, and over 200 topics
in a hierarchy that we need to let the user navigate.  The current
solution we have (using a third party Javascript library) introduces
over 5 seconds of client side rendering with this scenario.  That's
unacceptable for our users, as some of them have already waited over 8
seconds for the page to download.

A solution that would allow us to navigate one part of the hierarchy at
a time would be ideal.  All our clients are using IE 6, with a very
small minority using IE 5.5.  We need something ASAP, and we are trying
get some good yet quick ideas.