cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Brian Hawkins <br...@lingotek.com>
Subject Re: HttpServletRequest?
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 16:14:44 GMT
This brings up a good question.  Why does cocoon feel the need to wrap
every object?  The cocoon Request interface is (as far as I can tell)
identical to the HttpServletRequest interface.  From the code the only
difference is that is wraps other objects like the session.  All this
seems to do is frustrate developers who have to inter operate with other
servlets running in the same container.

Fernando,  I think the solution for both of us is to hack the
HttpRequest object and provide a getHttpServletReuqest method.

Brian