cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Robert Hoffmann <hoffm...@cbio.mskcc.org>
Subject Re: Persistent caching with TWO Cocoon in two Tomcat on the SAME machine
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 21:37:34 GMT
Hi Ard,

 From your mail I assume you see little chance that they could share the
same cache. I suspected so...

>Apart from your question which is quite interesting, and I would certainly not know haw
different cocoon instances could be able to have knowledge about validities and cachekeys
the other cocoon instance created, I am very interested how you and up with a 30 GB (cocoon)
cache!! That is quite amazing! Is it a lot of binary data? You could better cache this once
in apache, or perhaps in the load-balancer..not within cocoon. Anyway, what is the 30 GB ?

Well, I am actually serving quite a lot of information over Cocoon:

iHOP is an online service that provides this gene guided network as a
natural way of accessing the more than 12 million abstracts in PubMed
and brings all the advantages of the internet to scientific literature
research. The actual network provided in iHOP contains two million
sentences and 30000 different genes from human, mouse, Drosophila, C.
elegans, zebrafish, Arabidopsis, yeast and E. coli.
http://www.ihop-net.org/UniPub/iHOP/

Btw, I reduced the number of objects to be cached (today). I am curious
if this will do it.

Thanks,

Robert

Have you tried iHOP yet? http://www.ihop-net.org/UniPub/iHOP/

--
Robert Hoffmann, PhD

Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, MSKCC
Computational Biology Center, cBIO
Chris Sander's Lab

1275 York Avenue. New York, NY 10021
phone +1 646-735-8081, fax +1 646-735-0021
hoffmann@cbio.mskcc.org, http://www.cbio.mskcc.org/~hoffmann/