cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jason Johnston <coc...@lojjic.net>
Subject Re: [CFORMS] Set required attribute to widget from flow
Date Sat, 18 Mar 2006 16:28:20 GMT
Thorsten Mauch wrote:
> Hi
> I have a form that have some widget that's are hided by default (additional
> delivery address). If the user choose the to enter the additional delivery
> address, then the widgets are shown and become mandatory. For that reason it
> try to change the required attribute from flow script, but I get the error:
>
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Attempt to modify an immutable
> WidgetDefinition
>
> I called:
> form.lookupWidget("deliveryaddress_street").getFieldDefinition().setRequired
> (true);

What version of Cocoon are you using?  As of 2.1.8 you can set the
required state of a field instance directly:

form.lookupWidget("deliveryaddress_street").setRequired(true);

But if you're using widget states to show/hide the fields then you
shouldn't have to toggle the required state; if a field is set to
required="true" and state="invisible" then it should not fail validation.