cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Sandor Spruit <san...@cs.uu.nl>
Subject [Off-topic] How did they implement this Javascript effect?
Date Sat, 18 Mar 2006 13:10:40 GMT

Hi all,

I just saw a nice JavaScript effect on the Amazon.com homepage.
Moving the mouse over the image 'Find gifts' reveals an "exploding"
table of options. Just the thing I could use for an interactive page.

Anyone got any ideas exactly how this works? I can think of a few ways
to get there, but this one seems to work quite smooth. I've been looking
at the code, but cannot quite figure out what happens.

I'd welcome any other suggestions for good JavaScript libraries - not
necessarily free - similar to something like scriptaculous with image or
animation effects.

Sandor