cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeroen Reijn <j.re...@hippo.nl>
Subject Re: CForms: HTMLArea Documentation
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2006 13:10:53 GMT
I'll see if I can find some time this weekend to create a patch and add it to JIRA.

Reijn

Derek Hohls wrote:
> Reijn
>
> Yes, I think there are many Cocoon users who would support it;
> we need a developer to "commit" to work to do it, though.
>
> In the meantime, I guess we just take the manual approach.
>
> Derek

> I offered the switch to Xinha a while ago and some people agreed, but no actions was
taken. The Xinha documentation is
> fine and there is a forum as well.
>
> Just putting it in should work. We're using it in HippoCMS now and it's much better then
HTMLArea.

> So I'm all for making it default in Cocoon.
>
> Regards,
>
> Reijn
>
> Stewart, Gary wrote:
>>> A Switch to Xinha is one of those things that really should happen.
>>>
>>> Best way to "raise" it is to fix Cocoon to use Xinha instead,
>>> and submit
>>> a patch. That way it is likely to happen. I'm sure at least
>>> one of the
>>> correspondents on this thread is up to the task.
>>
>> As it uses all the same (htmlarea.js) references I just gave it a go ripping the
htmlarea directory out of cocoon-forms-block.jar and sticking the Xinha nightly one in. Looks
like it is working just fine though I haven't tested the multiple language configs or anything.
I'm assuming it would work just fine from a build as well though I haven't tested that yet.

>> Gary

>> The information contained in this message may be confidential or
>> legally privileged and is intended for the addressee only, If you
>> have received this message in error or there are any problems,
>> please notify the originator immediately. The unauthorised use,
>> disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
>> strictly forbidden.

Met vriendelijke groet,
Kind regards,

Jeroen Reijn