cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fe...@otego.com>
Subject Re: problem running consecutive transformers
Date Sat, 04 Mar 2006 21:21:05 GMT
Fansi wrote:

> */Felix Knecht <felix@otego.com>/* a écrit :
>
>     Leszek Gawron wrote:
>     > Fansi wrote:
>     >> Hi all,
>     >> I have wrote a pipeline in which there are two consecutives
>     >> transformers.
>     >> my pipeline is thus:
>     >>
>     >>
>     >>
>     >>
>     >>
>     >>
>     >>
>     >>
>     >> During the execution, the second transformer (the one of type
>     csysec)
>     >> is skipped.
>     >> Should anyone know what is wrong in this pipeline?
>     >> An advanced thank you to all of you.
>     You can use cocoon views to see what you have in the sax stream
>     for each
>     transformer (see also
>     http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/views.html).
>
>     > The amount of information you privided does not allow any
>     problems to
>     > be detected. The pipeline itself is ok - I can assure you your
>     > transformer is not skipped. What does it do?
>     >
>     Dear Felix,
>     thank you for replying,
>     My transformer only add some idenfiers to nodes within the
>     database when he receive the StartDocument() event.
>     I have tried it with a pipeline where it is the only transformer
>     and it works perfectly. So i don't notice why it does nothing as a
>     second pipeline.
>     Any idea?

Do you take care about the result the xmldb transformer puts in the
pipline (e.g. tagnames, namespaces, ...)?
(see also api and have a look there at the known bugs and limitations
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/transformation/XMLDBTransformer.html)

Hope it helps
Felix

PS:
To see if the transformer is called write some log output at the very
beginning in your transformer (e.g getLogger().info("Start
myTransformation"); ) and
have a look at the log file.